Saturday, September 25, 2010

Magical moon


I had seen Practical Magic Blog Party buttons on many of my favorite blogs, yet I wasn't sure if I could come up with something special for that event. Anyway, finally I thought of some photos I had taken last month. I was ready to go to bed, but first looked out of the window to take a breath in the cool night air. The full moon was standing over the roof of the neighbors' house. It was shining so brightly, so beautifully. There were lots of clouds in the sky, passing very quickly. It was such a fascinating sight. Of course, I immediately brought my camera and took a couple of photos. When I looked at them more closely, I could make out faces and shapes. Let's see if you have the same gift of imagination.

Sally Owens: "And I don't want them [her children] dancing naked under the full moon!"
Aunt Jet Owens: "No, of course. The nudity is entirely optional. As you well remember!"



Can you make out anything on the photo above? No? Well, it is a difficult one for sure. I can see the big black eyes of an alien left and right from the moon. Let's have a look at the next photo:


I see a man's face. His dark eye is right above the moon. I can also make out his nose, full lips, and the ear. He reminds me of Jimmy Angelov, Gillian's boyfriend. Dark and unnatural.


Do you also see a monster here? It looks like a flame monster to me -- its two eyes are right above the moon.


Here's another cloud picture of Jimmy. One of his dead eyes is starring right ahead -- a bit above the moon. It's scary...


Here I see the blurred features of a man's face -- but it's a friendly face.

Young Sally Owens: "He will hear my call a mile away. He will whistle my favorite song. He can ride a pony backwards."
Young Gillian Owens: "What are you doing?"
Young Sally Owens: "Summoning up a true love spell called Amas Veritas. He can flip pancakes in the air. He'll be marvelously kind. And his favorite shape will be a star. And he'll have one green eye and one blue."
Young Gillian Owens: "Thought you never wanted to fall in love."
Young Sally Owens: "That's the point. The guy I dreamed of doesn't exist. And if he doesn't exist, I'll never die of a broken heart."


Here I see him more clearly -- he is even smiling.


I couldn't believe it when I discovered a raccoon in the clouds. Do you also see his masked furry face?


Another scary one. The cloud formation reminds me of a gargoyle with an open mouth.


Here I see a giant's face. His eyes are above the moon, and he has a big, broad nose. However, the best photo comes last but certainly not least. So -- what do you see?


Do you also see a witch riding on her broom? She is flying so fast through the night sky that I only managed to get this blurred picture. So -- keep on seeing magical things in clouds both at day and night! Always keep in mind what aunt Frances Owens said to Sally:

"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage!"

46 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo's! I never tire of taking Moon photo's. Great party post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you were able to snap that witch on her broom stick!

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This was VERY different and so PERFECT for our party"... Outside my window RIGHT NOW is a Full Moon! I'm your newest follower, I'd love you to follow me too and check out my version of your Oktoberfest(wish I was there for it)...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful, magical photos with stories dancing across the sky for your entertainment! Thanks for allowing us party-goers to share in your imaginative musings :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:39 PM

    So glad you decided to join the party. You have a good eye and a wonderful imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard to capture shots of the moon, but I think you did a great job! The last one does look like a witch flying on her broom! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Photos! How did you ever capture the Witch flying over the moon? Now that is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful moon shots. happy PM day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to meet you...! Wow..mega-gorgeous photos..full of mysterious charm..and full of magic and enchanting atmosphere..yes i can see aaaall sorts of shapeshifters within the mists..wonderful..love it!
    Gorgeous post and tribute!! yay!
    Victoria~
    Thanks for visiting me too

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the last quote in your post. Linda :)http://pyewacketts.blogspot.com/2010/09/practical-magic_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. just for you Birgit a non acholic cocktail...
    a Cinderella.
    2 msrs each of Orange Juice, and Pineapple juice, 1 msr Lemonjuice, 1/2msr lemon syrup, shake and strain into ice filled glass and top up with a splash of soda water and a slice of lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see them! I see them! What fun!

    And I so love a Moon, with some clouds covering and especially, racing by Her.

    Thank you for your "Practical Magic Party" post! And thank you so much, for coming by mine. Though it wasn't really a part of the Party.

    Gentle hugs,
    Being Sweet Aunt Bridget, for the day
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love these photos! I often times sit outside and just stare at the moon! I love it! great post!

    stay true to oneself and blessed you will be!
    Kelli

    http://cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/2010/09/practical-magic-blog-party-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow those are amazing! Some of those shots are really scary!! Creepy cool!
    I loved your wonderful party! Thank you for having us!!
    Blessings, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Great Practical Magic party post...amazing pics! Thanks for stopping by Pop Art Minis too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved your moon photos and did see many magickal things in the clouds! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such lovely photos here!!!!
    such talent and creativity.
    have great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! What fantastic pics! Thanks for coming by my party and inviting me to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a fabulous job with your post! Those photos are both gorgeous and yet spooky. Definitely could be the spirit of Jimmy Angelov! :) Thank you very much for visiting with me. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. The moon carries so much mystery and we all look so forward to the beautiful image of it. Your photos are fantastic. I will be watching the sky more carefully from now on. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous2:15 PM

    oooh, was für ein toller beitrag! herrliche idee mit dem mond zu spielen, was für eine vorstellungsgabe du hast. schön, deinen beitrag gefunden zu haben!
    liebe grüße aus luxemburg,
    belinda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Birgit, what an awesome post! Yes, I could see that raccoon! LOL! How lucky was it that you caught that witch on camera!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Blessed Be,
    Tereza
    http://mygoddess-self.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Birgit! Happy Practical magic party! Thanks for sharing your magical full moon photos! I am having so much fun visiting all of these blogs! Stop by my blog for a special "spell" that I have for everyone!

    Lots of magical wishes, dreams and blessings to you and your family!

    xoxo
    Valerie
    http://valeriehart.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous10:53 PM

    I loved this post and your imagination and that last photo....definitely a flying witch! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous1:49 AM

    Birgit, thanks for stopping by. Tonaswer your question, the name of the font I used on the last quote its called Dear Joe Four.

    Angie
    http://cocinadiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love Your Post!What Beautiful Photos of the Moon!!
    Thank You for Stopping By My Blog and Your Kind Words! I will check out the Digital Collage Group on Yahoo. Thank you for Letting Me Know
    I am Following you too!
    Have a Wonderful Evening!
    Hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful post! Love your moon photo's! I hope you'll come "fly" over to my blog and see what I have been brewing!
    ~Michelle
    http://faeriedustdreams-michelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just gorgeous pictures i really enjoyed your post and the last pic was awesome it really does look like a witch.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Delightful post!
    thanks for sharing:)
    Peace,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous4:31 AM

    Wow...amazing and magickal pics. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous5:06 AM

    Wonderful party post! Brightest Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks so much for inviting me to your blog party! Enjoyed the dancing and had so much fun! I hope you'll come visit me, too!

    http://scrapvamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. The first ones look more playful like the sisters, and last ones look more sinister ~Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  35. We loved this - we did them all! we're still flying around checking everybody out! If you haven't already please join us at! Practical Magic - How To Make A Magic Wand http://lenorita-lenoramoore.blogspot.com/2010/09/practical-magic-blogparty-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ack! That witch is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very magical photo's. Love them. thanks for sharing your Practial Magic Post. I had a wonderful time. I hope you can find the time to visit me:
    momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous2:14 AM

    Isn't it a curious thing, nature that is, how it transforms and becomes whatever we wish to see and imagine. Quite a interesting post and I did see the images but I don't think I imagined them, you did or were they really there?...hehehehe!•*´¨*¸*.•*´¨***~^..^~*Annabelle¸.•*´¨*¸*.•*´¨* * *
    * *
    * * *

    ReplyDelete
  39. wonderful and very magical moon pictures.
    I bet that was me flying by on my broom - if I new you were taking pictures I would have slowed down a bit. LOL

    Thank you for sharing your heart and your talents with us today.

    Brightest Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous7:53 PM

    Oooo the witch on her broom ~ what a great photo! Lovely post and blog. Happy (on-going) PM Blog Party!

    http://storybookforest.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those are some awesome pictures. I saw Jimmy too! :) Thanks for stopping by and visiting my party. Magical wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  42. What beautiful pictures of the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi there! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my tea party and I thought I would visit your Practical Magic post as well which is just wonderful! I love your moon pictures and yes I do see the witchy on her broomstick too! Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment -- I very much appreciate that! :)