In no particular order, here are my favorite books of 2009 (once again a tough choice):
1. The Physick Book Of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe (5/5)
2. The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff (4/5)
3. The Secret Life Of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (5/5)
4. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (5/5)
5. Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult (5/5)
6. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen (4/5)
7. Carpe Demon – Adventures Of A Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner (5/5)
8. Ich weiß, was Du denkst (I Know What You Think) by Thorsten Havener (5/5)
9. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (5/5)
10. Gebrauchsanweisung für die USA (Manual For The USA) by Adriano Sack (5/5)

The Secret Life of Bees is one of my favourites too! There are a few on your list, I'm going to look for - thanks!
ReplyDeleteI loved the Sugar Queen. I don't have as much time to read as I like but The Secret Life of Bees is on my list to get to soon!
ReplyDeleteThe Graveyard Book was my FAVORITE book of 2009. It makes my top ten of favorite books EVER! I also adored The Secret Life of Bees, which I read a few years ago. Did you read her nonfiction book The Dance of the Dissident Daughter? I haven't read The Mermaid Chair yet (I had the book and my evil cats peed on it. Even I have my limits on keeping books in that condition!) I read The Plain Truth the year before last for my book club and liked it. The Physiks one has been recommended to me by several people, it's on my find and read list. I posted two posts in my Beach Treasure blog in Jan (my "older posts" button isn't working so you have to go to the sidebar and click on January posts) one lists all the books I read in 2009 and one lists my top ten. LOVE books!
ReplyDelete