Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Secret Book of Magic

Once in a while you come across a gem of a book. Das geheime Buch der Magie: Die Zauberkunst Merlins is one of them. Do you know the best? The original edition was published in English -- Wizardology: The Book of the Secrets of Merlin. I have a feeling that some of you might want to get their own copy. From amazon.com (John Peters, Copyright © American Library Association):

"Students of the magical arts courageous enough to read on will find eye-opening disquisitions on wizardly garb and wands, types of spells, the care and feeding of familiars, uses for gryphon earwax and other substances, plus picture galleries of magical beasts and renowned wizards. In addition, there are pull tabs with "magical" effects, attached booklets, a phoenix's feather, a scrap of Fairy Flag, and more -- all sandwiched between "crystal" gems embedded in the front and rear covers. Four illustrators contribute elaborately detailed creatures, symbols, and views of a wizard's workshop to this surprisingly sturdy production."





1 comment:

  1. I'm a teeny bit afeard of magic...but I like your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment -- I very much appreciate that! :)