Thursday, May 19, 2011

E is for Enchiladas


Enchiladas are one of my mom's favorite dishes -- and the same is true for me. Thus I enjoyed cooking enchiladas on Mother's Day, taking a couple of photos along the way with Jenny's Alphabe-Thursday in mind. First I chopped onions.


Off into the hot skillet.


Next came some turkey -- on the side are already tomatoes.


Beans.


Corn.


All ingredients in the sizzling skillet.


Grating some cheese.


Filling a flour tortilla.


All tortillas in a casserole.


Here they are again covered with hot salsa sauce and cheese.


After some time in the oven, the cheese is all melted and the dish hot and ready to eat.


A serving on the plate -- ready to be enjoyed!


For Mother's Day I had also made a strawberry cake in the form of a heart (E is for Erdbeerkuchen = E is for strawberry cake).


Delicious!


A flower bouquet with a heart ...


... was the perfect decoration for the table.

16 comments:

  1. I love your recipe! Your mom was certainly well fed on Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic recipe - fantastic Mother's Day treat!

    Fantastic blog too!

    XOXO Lola:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could eat Mexican food every single day! Your recipe looks delicious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful daughter! Gosh, next year would you mind calling my kids up and giving them your recipes!

    What an excellent and delicious looking link for Alphabe-Thursday!

    Thanks for making us all drool.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making me feel very hungry for an enchilada...or two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:26 AM

    I haven't made this with turkey before. They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Your enchiladas look like they would taste heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy Enchiladas :o) What a great Mother's day! Everything looks wonderful and beautiful!

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:21 PM

    They look yummy! and what a wonderful Mother's Day treat for your Mother!!

    Love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birgit, I meant to mention this before and also did not have it posted on my post until today...Just wanted to stop back and let you know of an online auction that I was honored to be asked to join. It is for a worthwhile cause-Relay for Life.

    Join Kelly at http://www.betweenthelines-kel.com/2011/05/relay-for-life-sponsor-personalized.html in supporting Relay For Life! Let's help the world Celebrate More Birthdays! The Online Auction will run from May 20th - May 26th. All proceeds will go directly to the Relay For Life site and products will be shipped from our sponsors. I HOPE to see you there!

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful menu for mom's day! Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. YUM! These look delicious! I LOVE Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That whole meal looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your mom is lucky to have had such a wonderful Mother's day! Those enchiladas look absolutely delish! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment -- I very much appreciate that! :)