Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wild Thing

The Three Muses have come up with yet another interesting topic for their challenge blog -- wild things. So what's the ultimate wild thing after all? Somehow, that made me think of Mothman, a creature that was seen in West Virginia in 1966 and 1967.

15 comments:

  1. I remember seeing a film ( or a documentary ) of the mothman.
    It was so creepy !
    And you made this digital ?
    Magnificent !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog name!! Your picture is stunning. I haven't heard of the Mothman of West Virginia but your version of him is pretty scary (though beatifully colorful!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very scary, indeed! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a movie starring Richard Gere (sigh) based on the legend of the West Virginia mothman. It's a fascinating bit of folk lore. If anyone is interested, check here
    http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html
    Your entry is beautiful, and thanks for jogging my memory. I love stories such as this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your interpretation of Mothman is spectacular. The colours are gorgeous and I love the swirls. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It couldn't be more perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! And that was a great movie, with Richard Gere I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful - great entry for this theme- great digital work! Enjoyed visiting your fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I,ve never heard of him, but he does look a little wild!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a haunting image...love the effect. I didn't see the movie but now I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work! It made me curious, thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome piece on it's own, but the back story adds to it. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment -- I very much appreciate that! :)